Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oh, Bakerella.

You vixen. You culinary maven. You daring, brilliant person you!

Ahem. Pardon my gushing, but I follow a few baking blogs religiously. (Obsessively, if we're going to be honest!) Among them is Bakingdom, with her gorgeously creative cupcakes, and through Bakingdom, I found the little internet corner of Bakerella.

Oh. My. Goodness.

If you aren't automatically awed by the care she puts into her cake pops? Try her cookies. Or the Red Velvet cakebites. Go on, I dare you. No?

Well, fine then. I did for you.

A few days ago, while perusing through my blog list, I found Bakerella's new post about Comfort in Cookies. Don't they look diviiiine? Chocolate, and chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Oh god. The pictures alone were enough to make me do-want all over the place, but the ingredients? I had all but the chocolate chips! And the recipe? Way, way too easy to be legal.

Of course, I had apprehension. Our oven's not the most reliable. But I couldn't let that stop me, oh no. So, I assembled my ingredients.

If you want, go ahead and take a look at the link to the Comfort in Cookies post. It has the recipe there, and believe me, you do not want to miss out on Bakerella's awesome culinary confections. Anyway, minus the nifty little salt-pepper-ashes jugs up there, that's all you need!

I accidentally forgot that I was going to blog this, so I didn't take any pictures during the creaming portion. However, I got my head back in the game, and this is what happens when you mix all that deliciousness together:


FYI: It tastes better than it looks. Trufax.

So! After that, it was just a matter of dishing them out. The recipe said it would make 30 2-inch cookies. I tend to eyeball my measurements, so I just made little balls like so...


But like all well-laid plans, things oft go astray. You remember that oven I mentioned? This thing is the Devil. I'm convinced! I left the oven to heat up for an hour, give or take, and it still wasn't hot enough apparently, because after the mentioned 10 minutes, they weren't done! So I left them. And left them. And left them.

(Sound familiar?)

I did this with the white-chocolate-chip-and-cranberries cookies, too, and that turned into a disaster. However, patience (if patience is tapping your fingers impatiently on the table...) paid off!


Like Bakerella promised, they came out delicious. And soft. And gooey. And oh so good.

She's totally right. It's impossible not to eat them straight out of the oven. Sorry, tongue! Those tastebuds'll grow back, right?


... Right?

I hope so. In the meantime... Om nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...